Senior Communications Protocol Engineer
|2014-2443||Santa Clara, CA, US|
LG Silicon Valley Lab is looking for a talented and motivated communications protocol senior engineer to join our webOS compositor framework team. We are headquartered in Silicon Valley and are looking for people passionate about driving innovation.
The ideal candidate will have worked for a minimum of 4-5 years on communication protocols with emphasis on display server technologies and with a focus on protocols like Wayland, X, Mer. Knowledge about graphics compositors like Weston is required. Exposure with either QT/QML or SDL is also desired, in addition to some prior experience with the Linux Graphics Stack on embedded systems. As a core member of the platform organization, you will have a great opportunity to make a large impact on the WebOS graphics and UI stack and help us build outstanding products.
- Build first class user experiences in compositor protocols using X, Wayland, Mer, and compositor implementations using Weston or other display server technologies on Linux
- Develop high quality, modular, production ready and pixel perfect code
- Work with the open source community, you are driven by making contributions to the upstream community
- Lead by example
- Always focused on the performance impact of your code
- Thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment. You think startup-fast independently of the size of the organization.
- Motivation to find new ways to make the product better
- You can work in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment
- 3-4 years of experience with Linux based compositor and display server technologies using X, Wayland, QtWayland, Mer.
- 2-3 years of experience working on compositors like Weston on Linux
- Experience with C++ and openGL.
- 5+ years professional experience in software development building production software systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Experience building software applications on Linux
- Experience working with UI toolkits and frameworks.
- Strong graphics optimization knowledge.