Software Development Engineer - Middleware
|2014-2582||Santa Clara, CA, US|
The charter of the newly formed LG Silicon Valley Lab is to define and drive the webOS platform roadmap that will power future LG products and bring innovation to the larger organization.
As part of a connected platform team, you will be working on the webOS operating system. You will be part of the team that develops components, services and applications for the operating system.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will work closely with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to develop innovative consumer products.
- Deliver high-quality production code that works reliably in the field
- Participate in the development and delivery of key components of the webOS platform
- Work to resolve complex technical issues and drive innovation in our products
- Follow best practices for software development and documentation, meeting requirements and deliverables in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of hands-on C/C++ programming experienceExcellent programming skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in C or C++
- Solid understanding of the SDLC and software development best practices
- Ability to learn quickly and deliver high quality code in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- Proven track record of successfully delivering results
- Excellent communication, collaboration, analytical and problem solving skills
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis
- Design knowledge as well as familiarity with object oriented design patterns
- Knowledge of mobile devices, applications and technologies
- Prior experience with Android system software a plus