|2014-2594||Santa Clara, CA, US|
LG Silicon Valley Lab (SVL) is a newly formed innovation center based in Santa Clara, California.
In our first year, we delivered a truly unique level of simplicity and integration to LG smart TVs using webOS. Our initiative is to make the web the standard on all LG devices and we are developing new technologies that offer enriched user experiences for our products.
We are currently seeking a talented Internationalization Developer to join our Globalization Team.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, and support for multilingual simultaneous release in more than 60 languages
- Build deep expertise in software and TV requirements pertaining to international markets and facilitate transfer of knowledge to the engineering teams
- Responsible for the internationalization and localization of webOS software
- Define, evangelize, and roll out globalization best practices (including relevant architecture design principles, implementation techniques, test strategies and scenarios, development processes and critical internationalization and localization milestones, localization tools and data structures, conformance to internationalization standards, etc?)
- Develop and deliver an end-to-end approach to defining international offerings and partner with worldwide organizations as needed
- Recognize I18N requirements that span multiple applications & services and help design, build, and roll out of common processes, and solutions that will improve the overall efficiency and quality of global webOS platform
- Evaluate software localizability in the early development cycles
- Provide localization support to external localization vendors, translation reviewers, consultants, developers and internal webOS groups on localization issues
- Work with cross-functional teams internal or external to webOS to communicate and resolve any internationalization or localization issues to ensure delivery of the localized products
- B.S. in Computer Science (or equivalent) and 5+ years related industry experience
- Demonstrated expertise in software internationalization and international program management
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work with people from a variety of technical, editing, and cultural backgrounds
- Experience working with international and geographically distributed teams
- Experience writing product requirements and specifications documents
- Must be a team player, able to work well with inter disciplinary groups such as user experience, software development, QA and product management
- Character set knowledge, Unicode standard and its algorithms, character encodings, the use of locales, designs for localization, multilingual application design including dynamic language switching, search, sorting and issues in cross-locale n-tier applications.