Test Engineering (SDET) Manager
|2014-2670||Santa Clara, CA, US|
LG Silicon Valley Lab is looking for a talented engineering leader passionate about building automated systems for embedded devices. As manager of a development team, you will be responsible for building and leading a team of talented developers creating the infrastructure and tests to ensure system quality. The team will collaborate with other development teams to build test frameworks, infrastructure and automated white-box tests.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing a comprehensive platform test strategy for LG's award-winning WebOS platform, and build and lead a team of test developers to execute on that strategy. Past experience with Linux based operating systems such as Android or WebOS, and testing complex embedded system software is desired. Your team will be developing code using C/C++/Python to test various aspects of the platform including kernel, media server, networking, messaging, file system and database, at the unit level, component level, as well as testing the integrated system. You will be working closely with cross-functional teams, to understand business requirements, product architecture, and develop adequate tests to characterize the product and mitigate risk. Ideal candidates should have prior experience developing software to test embedded systems and should be extremely proficient with CS fundamentals with a proven track record of leading technical projects.
It is also expected that you're an excellent people manager who knows how to connect with and inspire the employees they manage. We're creating a culture that revolves around maximizing the various individual strengths on the team and managers are expected to be able to identify and further enable the individual strengths across their team.
It is also expected that you're an excellent people manager who knows how to connect with and inspire the employees they manage. We're creating a culture that revolves around maximizing the various individual strengths on the team ? managers are expected to be able to identify and further enable the individual strengths across their team.
- Experience leading a team responsible for developing software using C/C++/Python to test embedded systems
- Excellent understanding of embedded system architecture and experience devising attacks to stress the system
- Expertise in assessing risk using methodologies like FMEA, and developing tests to mitigate the risk.
- Strong CS fundamentals (data-structures, algorithms, design patterns, etc.)
- Deep understanding of high-level programming language (such as C/C++) and scripting languages (such as Python)
- Strong instincts about good software architecture and design
- Strong understanding of test methodologies (performance, stress, scale, functional, unit, etc.)
- Past experience with embedded devices (such as Android, iPhone, STB's, gaming consoles, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of agile development approaches
- Proven experience setting a schedule and driving your team to hit deliverables
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to communicate and work with geographically disparate teams
- Proven experience recruiting and retaining talented test developers
- Proven experience inspiring and leading local employees
- Proven experience managing employees across remote locations
- Masters Degree in Computer Science desired