UX Creative Director - Consumer Products
|2014-2684||Santa Clara, CA, US|
LG Electronics is a worldwide leader of consumer electronics. At LG Silicon Valley Lab, we're growing a unique team of design thinkers, developers and strategists to work on consumer-facing platforms and products like smart TV, wearable, mobile, smart home, and other exciting new ventures. In addition, LG's vast product ecosystem and expertise in manufacturing enable our team to explore unique opportunities not afforded to many companies or environments. With offices in both San Francisco (SOMA) and Santa Clara, our talented team is packed with experienced folks who have a passion to build distinctive solutions that solve real user needs, by employing Silicon Valley best practices in design and engineering.
LG Silicon Valley Lab (SVL) is seeking a visionary Creative Director who has demonstrated a history of bringing personality, identity, and distinctiveness to brands and consumer products. As the Creative Director at SVL, you will be working on products with touch points in both software and hardware. Our team balances an innovative portfolio of work from niche products to global/mainstream consumer offerings, like the 2014 SmartTV running webOS. Defining holistic and strategic initiatives is part of our DNA. This is an IC position reporting to the Director of UX but you will be expected to play a large and influential leadership role with your peers on the design team and other functions at SVL and headquarters in Seoul, Korea.
- You will be the glue that binds our design philosophy with our product offerings through beautiful, simple, and consistent experiences.
- You are a perfectionist in every level of execution and an artist at heart.
- You are obsessed with simplicity as it relates to both the expression of a product vision and its function.
- Your mastery of visual story-telling continually fuels your innovate spirit and influences those around you.
- You will work across product categories as the curator and evangelist of our design language as well as a mentor and guiding voice for our visual designers.
- A BFA or BA or above in a design-related field, or comparable work experience
- 10+ years experience working in agency, start-up, and corporate environments
- 5+ years working as a Creative Director or senior-level Art Director
- A history building and shipping applications, software, and/or hardware; in addition to marketing and branding campaigns
- Proven visual and interaction design sensibilities
- A comprehensive understanding of the user-centered design process
- The ability to communicate design ideas persuasively and concisely to executives
- A mastery of motion, illustration, video, animation and visual story-telling
- An ability to effectively interface with all functions of the organization, including engineering
- An innate capability to inspire teams and a good sense of humor!